What is WINK?
WINK (Women In Kindness) is a group of powerful women working together to support Humber River Hospital.
The women of WINK decide together where their funds will be used, empowering them to make meaningful change throughout our hospital community. They also get exclusive access to fun signature events throughout the year, as well as advance invitations to informative events like Doc Talks and Hospital tours in order to get a closer look at the impact their donations are making.
How Does it Work?
- JOIN WINK and pay the entry donation
- LEARN about the funding opportunities that you can support
- VOTE for the Humber project you feel is most deserving of your collective funds
On March 8th, International Women’s Day, 2021 our latest group of WINK members heard refined pitches from the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and the Emergency Department Patient Comfort Fund.
After hearing from program directors, physicians, staff, and grateful patients from both Programs, the women voted to direct their collective $50,000 gift to the NICU, which plans to use the donation towards purchasing a new ventilator.
On Thursday January 30th, 2020 the 15 inaugural WINK members heard pitches from Mental Health and Seniors Care. In the end, they voted to gift Mental Health & Addictions $32,000, which the Program used to help more patients, through tangible purchases like iPads, digital thermometers, and new tables and chairs to accommodate the growth of their group therapy sessions.
WINK Members receive:
- 1 vote at the WINK-Den event (Winter 2022) to decide which Hospital project will receive funding
- Inside access to the people and programs that your gift will directly support
- Access to HRH Foundation events like Doc Talks, private tours, donor receptions and more!
- Recognition on the HRH Foundation blog, newsletters, Digital Donor Wall and website
- Your own staff liaison who will be there to help answer questions, share updates and customize how you’d like to make your gift
Executive Members receive:
- Exclusive access to the WINK Pitch Event (November 2021) where you and your fellow Executive Members will have the power to decide which two projects will move forwards and be presented at the WINK Den event (Winter 2022)
- 2 votes at the WINK-Den event to decide which Hospital project will receive funding
- Plus all the benefits of being a WINK Member
*NEW* Host Member
- Can invite 3 friends, family or co-workers to join as WINK Members free of charge for the upcoming season. They will enjoy all the benefits of being a WINK Member, with the hope that the next season they return with their own entry donation.
- In addition, Host Members receive all of our Executive Member benefits!
Still deciding? Here are three promises we are making to every WINK supporter:
- We promise you’ll meet, mingle and laugh with friends and new faces alike! Your time with WINK will be fun and efficient.
- We promise WINK supporters will always be in control of their collective funds. The power to direct this money to a Humber project will always lie in the hands of WINK women.
- We promise to give you insider’s access to the world of Humber – the people and programs that will provide you with the stimuli to help you cast your vote. You’ll be amazed at what you will learn!
Get your questions answered. Share a curiosity. Whatever stage you’re at, let’s start a conversation and see where it leads us:
Senior Development Officer
Thank you to our Presenting Sponsor: