What is WINK?
WINK (Women In Kindness) is a group of powerful women working together to support Humber River Hospital.
The women of WINK decide together where their funds will be used, empowering them to make meaningful change throughout our hospital community. They also get exclusive access to fun signature events throughout the year, as well as advance invitations to informative events like Doc Talks and Hospital tours in order to get a closer look at the impact their donations are making.
How Does it Work?
- JOIN WINK and pay the entry donation
- LEARN about the funding opportunities that you can support
- VOTE for the Humber project you feel is most deserving of your collective funds
On Thursday January 30th, 2020 our inaugural group of WINK members heard refined pitches from Mental Health and Seniors Care. The Mental Health team brought in a grateful patient, Joanne, to share her story. The Seniors Care team had a staff member wearing a weighted “aging-suit” to demonstrate patients’ needs.
In the end, the WINK members voted to gift Mental Health & Addictions $32,000. The Program used the donation to help more patients, through tangible purchases like iPads, digital thermometers, and new tables and chairs to accommodate the growth of their group therapy sessions.
Still deciding? Here are three promises we are making to every WINK supporter:
- We promise you’ll meet, mingle and laugh with friends and new faces alike! Your time with WINK will be fun and efficient.
- We promise WINK supporters will always be in control of their collective funds. The power to direct this money to a Humber project will always lie in the hands of WINK women.
- We promise to give you insider’s access to the world of Humber – the people and programs that will provide you with the stimuli to help you cast your vote. You’ll be amazed at what you will learn!
Get your questions answered. Share a curiosity. Whatever stage you’re at, let’s start a conversation and see where it leads us: