Women In Kindness (WINK)
WINK is a group of influential, philanthropic women who support Humber River Health. Every year these amazing women vote to decide where their collective funds will make the biggest impact, helping hundreds of people get the care they need. You can help decide where it goes next.
Join WINK, cast your vote, and together you can light new ways in healthcare.
Thank you to our 2023 WINK Presenting Sponsor:
International Women’s Day 2023
On March 8, 2023, the women of WINK gathered for our most recent WINK Den to hear pitches from two amazing new programs at Humber River Health: the expansion of our Acessa ProVu program, a minimally invasive approach to treating uterine fibroids, and a new Hospice @ Home project, an initiative supporting patients who prefer end of life care at home. After a difficult deliberation, the WINK members cast their votes for which program would receive their combined gift of $65,000 – ultimately choosing Hospice @ Home!
The Hospice @ Home project will use the funding from WINK to help cover costs associated with launching this pilot, transition support, nursing, complementary therapies, PSW services, medical equipment and supplies and volunteer expenses.
International Women’s Day 2022
On the evening of March 8, which was also International Women’s Day, the ICU and Breast Health teams made history at the 2022 WINK Den when they were both voted as the winners of the $110,000+ gift!
Both programs will split the prize in half and go towards purchasing new cardiac monitors for 12 new ICU beds and improve the breast cancer patient experience through seed localization surgery!
International Women’s Day 2021
On March 8th, International Women’s Day, 2021 our latest group of WINK members heard refined pitches from the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and the Emergency Department Patient Comfort Fund.
After hearing from program directors, physicians, staff, and grateful patients from both Programs, the women voted to direct their collective $50,000 gift to the NICU, which plans to use the donation towards purchasing a new ventilator.
On Thursday January 30th, 2020 the 15 inaugural WINK members heard pitches from Mental Health and Seniors Care. In the end, they voted to gift Mental Health & Addictions $32,000, which the Program used to help more patients, through tangible purchases like iPads, digital thermometers, and new tables and chairs to accommodate the growth of their group therapy sessions.
How Does it Work?
JOIN: With an entry donation.
LEARN: About amazing funding opportunities.
VOTE: Where your donations will make the biggest impact at Humber.
MAKE AN IMPACT: The last pot was split evenly between Breast Health and the ICU.
WINK Members receive:
- 1 vote at the WINK-Den event (Winter 2022) to decide which Hospital project will receive funding
- Inside access to the people and programs that your gift will directly support
- Access to HRH Foundation events like Doc Talks, private tours, donor receptions and more!
- Recognition on the HRH Foundation blog, newsletters, Digital Donor Wall and website
- Your own staff liaison who will be there to help answer questions, share updates and customize how you’d like to make your gift
Executive Members receive:
- Exclusive access to the WINK Pitch Event (November 2021) where you and your fellow Executive Members will have the power to decide which two projects will move forwards and be presented at the WINK Den event (Winter 2022)
- 2 votes at the WINK-Den event to decide which Hospital project will receive funding
- Plus all the benefits of being a WINK Member
*NEW* Host Member
- Can invite 3 friends, family or co-workers to join as WINK Members free of charge for the upcoming season. They will enjoy all the benefits of being a WINK Member, with the hope that the next season they return with their own entry donation.
- In addition, Host Members receive all of our Executive Member benefits!
Still deciding? Here are three promises we are making to every WINK supporter:
- We promise you’ll meet, mingle and laugh with friends and new faces alike! Your time with WINK will be fun and efficient.
- We promise WINK supporters will always be in control of their collective funds. The power to direct this money to a Humber project will always lie in the hands of WINK women.
- We promise to give you insider’s access to the world of Humber – the people and programs that will provide you with the stimuli to help you cast your vote. You’ll be amazed at what you will learn!
Get your questions answered. Share a curiosity. Whatever stage you’re at, let’s start a conversation and see where it leads us. Please feel free to contact Judene directly or fill out the form below.
Associate Director, Corporate Engagement