Thursday October 07, 2021 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
A Concert for Humber Heroes
Not all heroes wear capes, but they do wear masks.
Help us honour our courageous Humber Heroes who have been battling the COVID-19 pandemic on the frontlines of our Hospital for many long months. Through exhaustion, defeat and a constantly changing battleground, our warriors have sacrificed so much for us. Let’s share the love, give them our thanks and show the heart and humanity of a community that they have so bravely fought to save.
Join us on Thursday, October 7, 2021 for a free virtual tribute concert in honour of our Humber Heroes.
- Stream our one hour show from any device, anywhere. Hosted by Tyrone Edwards, and featuring musical performances by Jim Cuddy, Chantal Kreviazuk, Across the Board, and The Ault Sisters! There will also be tributes to our Heroes from Humber’s famous friends.
- Every Humber Hero will receive a special Cozy Kit filled with treats to warm the body and soul—our gift of thanks to them as they watch the show from home or during a break in their shift.
- Through corporate and donor support, we will raise funds to support ongoing COVID-19 response efforts at Humber River Hospital.
COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund
Serving the northwest part of Toronto has meant that Humber is at the epicentre of a COVID hot spot and high priority neighbourhood. Because of this, we have cared for more COVID-19 patients than other hospitals in the city. How? By being able to pivot and respond rapidly to everything the pandemic has thrown our way.
Through donor support, the Foundation established the COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund to give the Hospital flexibility when it comes to resources. This Fund provides:
- Lifesaving equipment like ventilators and cardiac monitors
- PPE so our staff, doctors and volunteers are always safe in battle
- Support for frontline mental health and wellness
- Everything else needed to fight COVID-19
The Concert for Humber Heroes will raise money for this Fund, ensuring our heroes are equipped, whatever the battle may bring next.