We’re Hiring: Donor Relations Coordinator
Reinventing Patient Care.
Humber River Hospital stands apart. As North America’s most digital hospital, our state-of-the-art facility is enabling our physicians and staff to deliver healthcare in new and innovative ways and is a model of efficiency for hospitals around the world. Everything we do is designed to enhance not only outcomes but also the experiences of our patients and their families.
Humber River Hspital Foundation raises funds to invest in the programs, technologies and equipment that make our Hospital’s superior patient care a reality. Since the day we opened our new facility we’ve proudly stayed ahead of a changing world, always innovating to continue reinventing patient care well into the future. This spirit of innovation is powered by the Foundation’s donors and volunteers, who share our vision for better healthcare and who recognize that investment is always needed for the next innovation as much as the last one.
Working For Humber River Hospital Foundation
Working for HRHF means you will be part of a high performing, dynamic team of individuals who think entrepreneurially and work collaboratively to achieve our collective goal of reinventing patient care. As a member of the team, the Donor Relations Coordinator would receive a competitive salary and benefits package, professional development opportunities and an opportunity to join an innovative team with an ambitious future vision.
As a key member of the Donor Relations team, the Donor Relations Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and executing donor relations activities including donor recognition, stewardship and cultivation events. Activities include but are not limited to naming opportunities, stewardship reports, donor and cultivation events, ongoing donor communications, recognition list updating, tracking of donor activity, external vendor management and donor recognition at the new hospital.
Reports to: Manager, Donor Relations and Annual Program
Direct Reports: None applicable to this Job Description
- Coordinate logistical elements of recognition events including data requirements, invitations, RSVPs, participant registration, venue and catering requirements, technical requirements, volunteers and thank you letters.
- In conjunction with the Donor Relations Manager, build relationships with donors, volunteers and hospital representatives to further donor relations activities.
- Work with Information Services to ensure accurate and timely entry of donor relations information in Raiser’s Edge, including but not limited to event tracking, stewardship and cultivation actions and donor recognition information.
- Work with an exterior vendor to coordinate all signage installs for major gift donors’ naming recognition opportunities (process invoices and other quotes and creative work as needed).
- Offer administrative and logistical support for ongoing updates to our digital donor wall’s content
- Participate in the development of new donor recognition strategies for various categories (in-honour, planned gifts, monthly donors, new donors, long time donors etc.)
- Coordinate logistics of stewardship reporting to major gift donors, including data requirements, offering strategic input on writing and design to create impactful reports as well as printing/binding and mailing reports to donors.
- Support the development, review and implementation of donor lists used for strategic communications including @Humber Newsletter, Annual Report, holiday cards, gift acknowledgements, online web recognition in conjunction with Information Systems and the Marketing & Communications teams.
- Write and update all donor thank you letters with strategic donor-centered messaging
- Lead the weekly thank you call program (for all donors) and bi-monthly thank you call blitzes to steward targeted donor groups.
Cultivation and Volunteers:
- Coordinate the weekly volunteer schedule, managing tasks for them, communicating regarding their availability, recruiting new volunteer support and other duties as required.
- Providing logistical support to donor cultivation events.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with a focus on Fundraising, Marketing or Communications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to write effective communications pieces in the English language
- Excellent administrative skills including solid working experience using relevant technology such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, the Internet and Raiser’s Edge
- Ability to manage multiple priorities enhanced by strong problem solving capabilities
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities
- Ability to use sound judgment and maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Ability to build rapport with donors, volunteers, and the public with diplomacy, discretion and customer-service orientation
- 1-2 years of experience in a fundraising environment with special event, administrative, project management and customer service experience
- Substantial familiarity with fundraising operations required
Note: Flexibility is necessary as this position will be required to work some weekends and evenings
Job Posting Closes: July 11, 2018